Jandy's Home

Friday, October 13, 2006

Barbara K., making a difference

I've spent the past week corresponding with Barbara and going back and forth to Holland. For the past few years she has witnessed Little Mama Woolie give birth and then have her babies killed on the busy road. As she buried yet another baby on Sunday she decided she could take no more. She contacted 9 rescue groups. Few of them returned her calls and those who did said they couldn't help. Then came us. Barbara caught the 3 babies this week and they are now in our shelter awaiting their mama, who we hope to catch tonight. Barbara caught Bootsie-Boy, a neighborhood stray who we will be relocating somewhere safer, and is working on the mom and battered tom cat.

Why did nobody else help? I'm not sure I'll ever understand. EACH ONE COUNTS!!! I named them itsy, bitsy, & mitsy, though I'm not sure of their sexes yet. These babies likely wouldn't have been alive much longer.

So today is dedicated to Barbara, because she is making a difference, going the extra mile, and saving lives. NICE JOB BARBARA!! If only all people were as generous, kindhearted, and dedicated as you................