The Purrrrrrrfect home for our Mascot, Bob
As anyone who has visited our adoption center since July knows, we have a mascot named Bob. He is our mascot because he manages the cleaning and cuddling of the kittens, and because we didn't think he would ever get a home of his own. Because Bob is FIV positive. He was beaten up by neighborhood strays, and it was likely a bite by an infected cat that gave it to him.
Bob is also everyone's favorite cat. He is loving and gentle and deserved a real home. Many of us wanted to take him home with us, but due to the personalities of the animals already in the household, it wasn't possible. Deb took him these past few months but he wasn't doing well with her older male cat.
But today I got this email:
I have GREAT news! My Dad and Mom have adopted BOB! They had a 16 year old cat die in June from Kidney failure. After over $800 and a month and of taking him back and forth to the vet they put him down. They were so sad and upset my dad said NO MORE PETS! I tried to talk him into another cat many times this summer and he would not budge.
On Wed evening they came to see my new house and fell in love with Bob. They could not believe how outgoing and friendly he was with strangers (just like their old cat Boo). When they left that night I thought to myself, why not offer them Bob. It will be a great home for him and all the love he could need. On Thursday when I went out there for Thanksgiving I offered to let them take Bob and my dad actually had tears in his eyes. I feel this is the right home for him. I told them right away that Bob has FIV and they were fine with that.
They came to get him on Saturday afternoon and took him to petsmart to buy him everything! He got to their house and they just love him. My Dad called me that evening to thank me and again on Sunday afternoon. Bob slept between them purring that night and they are both so happy with him.
I sure hope you are ok with this. It just felt right.
Bob already has an appointment with the Vet on Wed. My Dad just wants him to get to know him and learn more about the FIV.
Thank you, Deb, for finding the right home for Bob!!
Bob is also everyone's favorite cat. He is loving and gentle and deserved a real home. Many of us wanted to take him home with us, but due to the personalities of the animals already in the household, it wasn't possible. Deb took him these past few months but he wasn't doing well with her older male cat.
But today I got this email:
I have GREAT news! My Dad and Mom have adopted BOB! They had a 16 year old cat die in June from Kidney failure. After over $800 and a month and of taking him back and forth to the vet they put him down. They were so sad and upset my dad said NO MORE PETS! I tried to talk him into another cat many times this summer and he would not budge.
On Wed evening they came to see my new house and fell in love with Bob. They could not believe how outgoing and friendly he was with strangers (just like their old cat Boo). When they left that night I thought to myself, why not offer them Bob. It will be a great home for him and all the love he could need. On Thursday when I went out there for Thanksgiving I offered to let them take Bob and my dad actually had tears in his eyes. I feel this is the right home for him. I told them right away that Bob has FIV and they were fine with that.
They came to get him on Saturday afternoon and took him to petsmart to buy him everything! He got to their house and they just love him. My Dad called me that evening to thank me and again on Sunday afternoon. Bob slept between them purring that night and they are both so happy with him.
I sure hope you are ok with this. It just felt right.
Bob already has an appointment with the Vet on Wed. My Dad just wants him to get to know him and learn more about the FIV.
Thank you, Deb, for finding the right home for Bob!!
