Coming out ahead
Hurricane Katrina devastated a region like nothing I could ever imagine. The estimates are over a hundred thousand cats and dogs died. The area has nowhere near recovered. It will be a decade before it looks like it never happened.
But I have to tell you, I came out ahead. Other people's loss was my gain. Because I got Bob from the 9th ward and Cuddles from New Orleans East. After Jandy died I cried every day for almost 4 years. She was a once-in-a-lifetime-cat. I figured I used up my allotment of awesome cats/best friends and that was it. Until I met Bob and trapped Cuddles.
Here's Cuddles. He knows who he has to convince in order to get to be the 6th cat in the house!!

Every cat knows animal bowls are for dogs--cats drink out of the human's containers!

Bob in a bag!

Bob napping in the clean laundry pile! And people wonder why my "just washed" clothes are already covered in cat hair!
But I have to tell you, I came out ahead. Other people's loss was my gain. Because I got Bob from the 9th ward and Cuddles from New Orleans East. After Jandy died I cried every day for almost 4 years. She was a once-in-a-lifetime-cat. I figured I used up my allotment of awesome cats/best friends and that was it. Until I met Bob and trapped Cuddles.
Here's Cuddles. He knows who he has to convince in order to get to be the 6th cat in the house!!
Every cat knows animal bowls are for dogs--cats drink out of the human's containers!
Bob in a bag!
Bob napping in the clean laundry pile! And people wonder why my "just washed" clothes are already covered in cat hair!
