Jandy's Home

Sunday, December 31, 2006

A happy new year for 2 more cats!

Last night I set traps all around some deserted apartment complexes. This morning I found a black cat in one of them. I hadn't seen it before and figured it would be wild. So when kitty MEOWED at me I burst into tears. Kitty is TAME!! Kitty once had a home. Kitty's ears are in terrible shape and she/he looks miserable. But now that we have her we can fix her. And she will get a new home.................who will it be with?

Feral cats generally don't meow. They back away from you, whichever way you approach them, and are silent or hiss.

The orange beast I trapped yesterday seemed semi-feral, but when I checked on him in the trap this morning he meowed at me. He sniffed my fingers and allowed me to touch him. So a smile spread across my face and I made a cage for him. He also doesn't need to return to the wild, he can have a home!