"To gampa, from Alexis"
I will never stop being amazed at the devestation left behind. Much of it remains. It is a very slow process, and the truly abandoned areas haven't been touched yet. Today, in somewhat of a daze, I walked through some of the Carriage House buildings. What happened here? The water didn't reach these floors, it just seeped up the walls, so clothing and furniture are in good condition. But why are they thrown all over the place? It looks like residents were told they had 15 minutes to grab what they wanted to keep and had to hurry out of there. But it has been 16 months. Why didn't they take their perfectly good things? Why are they thrown all over the place? If I had the car space or inclination I could take home a lot of "good" things. They will just be thrown in the dump when the building comes crashing down.
I walk past a picture on the floor. To gampa from Alexis, it reads. Did Alexis live here or did Gampa? Where are they now?
I walk past a picture on the floor. To gampa from Alexis, it reads. Did Alexis live here or did Gampa? Where are they now?
