My house feral, Taz
I can’t count how many times I heard my parents tell me: When you’re all grown up and you have a place of your own, you can do whatever you want.
I love being able to take in as many cats as I want. For the summer I have relocated myself and my 2 boy cats to our place on the lake. I also have a few shelter cats who are sick.
I also now have my first house feral. I highly recommend it. She is a hurricane Katrina refugee and just too terrified of humans. I can get her to purr if I corner her and start petting her, but I can’t get that close if she has any say in the matter. She meows like a house pet and looks as if she WANTS to be loved, but is just too scared. At 7 months old she is very small and looks much younger. I can’t bring myself to let her go, because since she isn’t truly feral she may not hide from humans, and a well-meaning person might try to trap her, not knowing what happens immediately to untame trapped cats once they are brought to animal control/a humane society.
I generally have my hands full with my own 5 cats and the sick ones from the shelter that I take care of, so it is kind of fun to have a low-maintenance cat around. Right now she’s about 5 feet from me, on the top of the cat stand, grooming herself. This morning I woke up to her playing with my feet in bed, not realizing they were attached to me :).
So if you have no time to care for cats but want to save a life, contact us for a house feral today!!
I love being able to take in as many cats as I want. For the summer I have relocated myself and my 2 boy cats to our place on the lake. I also have a few shelter cats who are sick.
I also now have my first house feral. I highly recommend it. She is a hurricane Katrina refugee and just too terrified of humans. I can get her to purr if I corner her and start petting her, but I can’t get that close if she has any say in the matter. She meows like a house pet and looks as if she WANTS to be loved, but is just too scared. At 7 months old she is very small and looks much younger. I can’t bring myself to let her go, because since she isn’t truly feral she may not hide from humans, and a well-meaning person might try to trap her, not knowing what happens immediately to untame trapped cats once they are brought to animal control/a humane society.
I generally have my hands full with my own 5 cats and the sick ones from the shelter that I take care of, so it is kind of fun to have a low-maintenance cat around. Right now she’s about 5 feet from me, on the top of the cat stand, grooming herself. This morning I woke up to her playing with my feet in bed, not realizing they were attached to me :).
So if you have no time to care for cats but want to save a life, contact us for a house feral today!!
