Jandy's Home

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Taz & Summer update!

As you know, Taz & Summer were not tame enough to adopt out, so a good friend of mine with plenty of land agreed to take them and feed them for life. She rarely saw them but enjoyed peeking at them through the window when they showed up to eat. After a few weeks of not seeing them I paid a visit to her neighbors, who happen to have horses and a barn. I asked them if they had any cats. They told me a grey & white kitty and a calico now live with them! They are fed twice a day and have a barn, straw, and several out-buildings to live in. I didn't see them myself but I heard them hiss at me and scamper away. Kelly said her husband jokes that they are the only ones in the family earning their keep. Apparently they are much better mousers than I would have guessed!

My friend is distressed that her pals have left her, but I had no choice but to tell her they were gone for good. Our little beasts have found a safe, warm, barn of their own and I expect they will live happily ever after. We'll help them with bags of food and so on, but they have a great place to live!!