Jandy's Home

Friday, September 14, 2007

TNR in progress

For those of you generous enough to help the ones you'll never know, who will never thank you..........and who are named only by me, here are some photos of recently trapped cats!




More are soon to follow! There are a bunch I have recently found. A mother tortie and her black herd, a huge grey cat who is no doubt pregnant, and the others who I haven't even seen yet. Unfortunately there are already 2 that are friendly and I have no place to put them. So few people see the value in an adult cat that we can't take in more. We've had some awesome cats for over 16 months now! At this time all we can do is give them vet care, and provide food and shelter.

Then there's Anabelle. She's a black kitty no more than 6 months old. But she has already given birth. I don't know where the kittens are. She crosses two busy roads several times a day to get to the pizza joint where she is given turkey & pepperoni. She has almost been killed by cars on multiple occasions, from what others tell me. I've seen it myself. Do I take her now, and sacrifice the 2-week old kittens? Or do I leave her alone for the next few weeks and hope she doesn't get plastered on the road in which case her infants would die anyhow? Do I save the one and sacrifice the others, or do I risk losing them all?