Get a second opinion!!!
Last night I got a desperate email from a woman who had rescued a kitten from a hell hole. This now 5-month old kitty had injured its leg and this person’s vet assured them the kitty needed surgery, was in a lot of pain, and they were looking at a $1500 bill.
Not being able to afford it, like most people, they contacted us to see if there was anything we could do. They saw the only other option was to bring the kitty to be humane society where it would have been immediately euthanized. We told them we didn’t have an extra $1500 either, but told them to pay a visit to our vet, Dr. Bruce Langlois. He is a miracle worker and flat-out brilliant. Several of my volunteers call him God. We knew if there was another way to fix this kitty he’d know what it was.
So I just got the phone call from Jennifer, thanking me for sending her and Chase to see Bruce. Chase is going to be fine…………….without surgery :).
When it comes to the life of your pet, get a second opinion! There are very, very few people I trust when it comes to my cats, and I’ve been known to seek out different opinions myself when I don’t like what I’m hearing. Sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn’t. But in all cases, you need to be able to look yourself in the mirror and know that you did everything you could…………
Not being able to afford it, like most people, they contacted us to see if there was anything we could do. They saw the only other option was to bring the kitty to be humane society where it would have been immediately euthanized. We told them we didn’t have an extra $1500 either, but told them to pay a visit to our vet, Dr. Bruce Langlois. He is a miracle worker and flat-out brilliant. Several of my volunteers call him God. We knew if there was another way to fix this kitty he’d know what it was.
So I just got the phone call from Jennifer, thanking me for sending her and Chase to see Bruce. Chase is going to be fine…………….without surgery :).
When it comes to the life of your pet, get a second opinion! There are very, very few people I trust when it comes to my cats, and I’ve been known to seek out different opinions myself when I don’t like what I’m hearing. Sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn’t. But in all cases, you need to be able to look yourself in the mirror and know that you did everything you could…………
